Almost a Century . . .
GC Electronics has been serving the Electrical and Electronics Distribution Industry for almost 100 years. Founded during 1930 in Rockford, IL by Stanley B. Valiulis and Richard Ellis, as the “General Cement Manufacturing Company” producing a General Purpose Service Cement, Part Number 30-2 in Stanley’s garage. The 30-2 was used in the repair of Phonograph and Radio Cabinets and to repair torn Speaker Cones. The “General Cement Manufacturing Company” then started producing custom cements, lubricants and cleaners to support the budding Electrical and Electronics industries. AM Radio and Tube technology was at the cutting edge, the Big Bands were on the rise with the first 78 RPM electric phonographic recordings. TV was no where in sight.
The 1940’s brought World War II and the birth of TV. “General Cement Manufacturing Company” found itself selling Chemicals to support the War effort as our country listened to war news radio. After the war, General Cement went back to supplying the Radio, Telephone and Phonograph Repairmen through Electrical and Electronic Distributors. It was the peak of Big Band Era and Radio was still king. 78 RPM records were old news, 33-1/3rd RPM Long Play and 45’s were on the move.